Welcome to the Rochester Area Youth Assistance Website
About Rochester Youth Assistance
Rochester Area Youth Assistance (RAYA) is a non-profit organization whose goal is to strengthen youth and families in the Rochester Community and to reduce the incidence of delinquency, abuse and neglect through community partnerships.
Professional counseling and case-work services are available for youth, ages 5 through 16, and their families who live within the Rochester School District. This assistance is confidential. Referrals are made by school personnel, police, parents, friends, and young people themselves.
Anyone interested in learning more about the RAYA Program or how to become a RAYA volunteer is invited to attend a RAYA Board of Directors meeting which is held the fourth Tuesday of every month (excluding June, July and December) in the Graham Room at the RCS Administration Building – 501 W. University, Rochester, 48307 beginning at 5:00 p.m. or call the RAYA office at 248-656-3558.
2014 Youth Recognition Banquet Information
Financial Assistance Application Form & Instructions
Looking for the RAYA Financial Assistance Application & Instructions? You can find them on the documents page and download the PDF forms.
2nd Annual Tri-Rails to Trails Bike Event
Services Provided to the Community
- SHORT-TERM COUNSELING & CASEWORK SERVICES are available to young people and their families, ages 5 to 16, who reside in the Rochester Community Schools District. Services are voluntary, confidential and include a $25 one-time processing fee.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE is available to children K-12th grade for skill-building (sports or dance activities, classes, summer learning, etc.), camps or child care. **Parent or guardian must provide appropriate financial information to be eligible for financial assistance.
- CAMP SAFARI: Camp Safari is a low-cost, day camp for children ages 6-12 years of age for qualifying families who reside in Rochester Hills. This program is funded by the City of Rochester Hills, Rochester Avon Recreation Authority and Rochester Area Youth Assistance. RAYA and RARA work cooperatively to provide this summer camp June through August.
- FAMILY EDUCATION: A variety of programs are provided which facilitate family growth and development, including workshops, guest speakers and parenting classes.
- YOUTH RECOGNITION AWARD: A Youth Recognition Banquet is held each year to honor area young people who have overcome major obstacles to reach their goals, volunteered their time to an individual, an organization or in their community, or who has demonstrated personal perseverance beyond the ordinary. Nominations for this award are accepted all year and can be found at the RAYA web site.
- MENTORS PLUS PROGRAM is a program which matches a young person with a trained adult volunteer for the purpose of companionship and role modeling.