The 2021-2022 school year has begun and RAYA stands ready to make this year the best it can be for all of our Rochester community families!
About Rochester Area Youth Assistance
Rochester Area Youth Assistance (RAYA) is a prevention-based nonprofit organization whose goal is to strengthen youth and families in the Rochester community. Services and programs are available at no cost or a reduced cost to school-age youth and families who reside in the Rochester Community Schools district.
Professional counseling and case-work services are available for youth, ages 5 through 16, and their families who live within the Rochester School District. This assistance is confidential. Referrals are made by school personnel, police, parents, friends, and young people themselves.
Learn More About RAYA
Anyone interested in learning more about RAYA is invited to attend one of our monthly RAYA Board of Directors meetings. Please contact our office if you would like to attend. Phone: 248-656-3558 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone interested in becoming a RAYA Volunteer can apply here.
Services Provided to the Community
- SHORT-TERM COUNSELING & CASEWORK SERVICES are available to young people and their families, ages 5 to 16, who reside in the Rochester Community Schools District. Services are voluntary, confidential and include a $25 one-time processing fee.
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE is available to children K-12th grade for skill-building (sports or dance activities, classes, summer learning, etc.), camps or child care. **Parent or guardian must provide appropriate financial information to be eligible for financial assistance. For more information visit the Documents page to download applications, etc.
- CAMP SAFARI Camp Safari is a low-cost, day camp for children ages 6-12 years of age for qualifying families who reside in Rochester Hills. This program is funded by the City of Rochester Hills, Rochester Avon Recreation Authority and Rochester Area Youth Assistance. RAYA and RARA work cooperatively to provide this summer camp June through August.
- FAMILY EDUCATION A variety of programs are provided which facilitate family growth and development, including workshops, guest speakers and parenting classes. For more information visit the Family Education page.
- YOUTH RECOGNITION AWARD A Youth Recognition Banquet is held each year to honor area young people who have overcome major obstacles to reach their goals, volunteered their time to an individual, an organization or in their community, or who has demonstrated personal perseverance beyond the ordinary. Nomination Applications are available for download.
- MENTORS PLUS PROGRAM is a program which matches a young person with a trained adult volunteer for the purpose of companionship and role modeling. For more information visit the Mentors Plus page.
Support RAYA When You Shop at Kroger!
Want to shop at Kroger and contribute to RAYA at the same time? If you are a Kroger shopper and use a Kroger Plus Card, you can choose RAYA as your Community Rewards partner. Each time you shop at Kroger and use your card at checkout, Kroger will donate a percentage of your purchase directly to RAYA. How easy is that? Sign up today at the Kroger Community Rewards page, and use the code XH375 to choose RAYA as your partner of choice!